Conference 2006 – Belgrade
From 3rd to 5th November 2006 IG Alpbach Belgrade was honored to host representatives of the European Forum Alpbach and representatives of numerous Alpbach IGs from South Eastern Europe. The meetings included several discussions with main topics:
- Future of South Eastern Europe countries in the EU
- Youth in SEE region – All different, but similar – learn how to respect each other?Youth between tradition and modernization – to compare 10 different cultures: differences – similar issues; origins / development projects; know – how from more developed SEE countries; intentions for the future (to adopt modern / to secure traditional).
- Dr. Erhard Busek – President of European Forum Alpbach,
- Bernhard Marchgott, Verena Maria Ehold, Thomas Gosier – members of EFA Steering Committee,
- Representatives of: Club Alpbach Medica, IG Brasov – Romania, IG Sofia – Bulgaria, IG Podgorica – Montenegro, IG Sarajevo – BiH, IG Priština – Kosovo, IG Skopje – Macedonia.
November 3, 2006
Welcoming reception – National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia
- Dr.Goran Svilanovic – Stability Pact for SEE,
- Hedvig Morvai Horvat – president of Citizens Pact for SEE,
- Bernhard Marchgott – EFA Steering Committee.
November 4, 2006
- Meeting with the Austrian Ambassador to Serbia, H.E. Mr Jandl;
- Visit to the exhibition “Work of Nikola Tesla” – Serbian Academy of Arts and Science;
- Dinner with Dr. Erhard Busek, president of the European Forum Alpbach.
November 5, 2006
- Visit to the Faculty of Law of Belgrade University – Dr. Busek was hosted by the Vice Dean Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Jovanovic
- Lecture: History of SEE Region, by Prof. Dr. Stevan Lilic
- Final meeting with Dr. Erhard Busek and discussion on cooperation of youth within SEE region.