CLUB ALPBACH BELGRADE IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE
7th edition of ASSEI-B
ALPBACH SUMMER SCHOOL ON EUROPEAN INTEGRATION IN BELGRADE 2013
@ Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory, University of Belgrade
September 12-22, 2013
Each year, since 2006, Club Alpbach Belgrade has been organizing the summer school on European integration in Belgrade. Therefore, this is the school’s 7th edition and we are proud of it! After successful cooperation in 2012, ASSEI-B13 is again taking place at the Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory, University of Belgrade.
Deadline for applications: July 25, 2013
Download application form (available at http://www.beoalpbach.org/) and send it together with your CV to email@example.com
We are looking for 25 students (undergraduates and postgraduates) and young professionals under the age of 35 from the following countries:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Slovenia, Kosovo* and Serbia.
ASSEI-B13 Scholarship is covering full costs of participation: accommodation and meals, reading materials, field visit expenses, social events, whole-day excursion to Eastern Serbia.
Scholarship is not covering traveling and visa costs.
After successful completion of the course, ASSEI-B13 participants will have acquired a comprehensive understanding of EU and global affair, EU enlargement processes and SEE regional cooperation. The knowledge provided is based on an interdisciplinary approach and modern teaching techniques.
The school in divided into three modules:
- History and Culture
- Society and Politics
- Economy and Law
Each module is thought by two professors, meaning that the schools teaching faculty is comprised of 3 pairs of lecturers:
- Teaching couple no 1: Dr. Anne-Cécile Robert and Dr. Pierre de Trégomain
- Teaching couple no 2: MSc Astrid Reinprecht and Dr. Vedran Dzihic
- Teaching couple no 3: Dr. Petra Bard and Dr. Mihailo Crnobrnja
Classes are organized in the forms of lecturers, interactive workshops and field visits to various institutions and organizations. Workshops and field visits are led by Mr. Bernd Kleinheyer.
Academic coordinator of the school is Mag. Juergen Busch, together with Mr. Bernd Kleinheyer, Dr. Petra Bard and Dr. Petar Bojanic.
Working language is English.
A progress in the EU integration process means a growing need for further education in this regard in SEE region. Also, there is a need for significant improvement of the cooperation between those countries. The project perceives regional cooperation and reconciliation as a precondition for EU integration. Recognizing this, ASSEI-B is built on two pillar-ideas:
- to enhance the knowledge about history, law, socio-economic integration, policy areas and political systems of the European Union among students, graduates, postgraduates and young professionals coming from various fields such as law, economics, political sciences, technical sciences, linguistics etc.
- to encourage and initiate cooperation between youth of those societies, many of which have a history of conflicts and wars. Variety of countries participants are coming from is an asset in this project. It will be used to initiate debates and discussions on topics such as post-conflict justice, prejudices and peace building. The project should develop a network of young, prosperous people, able to bring a European and regional perspectives to their environments.
Club Alpbach Belgrade and ASSEI-B13 are supported by: Central European Initiative, GIZ Serbia, Rockefeller Brothers Foundation, European Funds for the Balkans, Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Raiffeisen Bank, Atlas Foundation and Hypo Alpe Adria Bank.